Monday, April 7, 2008

my 19th birthday story

April 4, 2008.

It is of great significance for a person to celebrate his or her birthday. For an individual, his/ her birthday is the most special event in his or her life. It only happens once a year and might as well enjoy it, right?
I don’t expect a grand celebration of my 19th birthday. I don’t expect tons of gifts (woshoo. Plastic.haha) but the least that I expect on my birthday is what I actually got, STRESS. What a marvelous birthday gift!

STRAMIS. I came to school wearing my formal attire in preparation for the STRAMIS Defense only to find out that Ms. Pineda no longer wants us to have our defense. Our group pleaded ang begged for a reconsideration but she was not in the mood for a negotiation. She’s thinks that we prioritize other subjects over hers. For goodness sake why the hell would we even beg for a reconsideration if we do not care about her subject?! I admit that we have faults in moving the schedule for our defense but we never intended it to work that way. Fate is cruel on us on that day, on my birthday. We tried a couple of attempts to ask her again for reconsideration but there’s no point in battling things out at that moment. We waited for her outside the faculty but we never saw her again. Nalusutan ata kami. Wahaha. So, our group decided to email her the next day na lang.

APPSDEV. That’s the whole April 4 was really about, and not my birthday. Drama! Hahaha. The agony of waiting for our demo is like a lasso hitting your back each second. Everybody’s frustrated, worried, pissed-off and fucked-off. Our minds are occupied with anxieties, fear, tension, and stresses. For some time I feel like falling apart all because of great hunger and thirst. Bwahahaha. The last meal I ate was breakfast at jon’s house. I desperately wanted to eat but I said to myself, to be fair for my groupmates, I won’t eat unless they eat too. All for one, one for all. Hahaha. The hands of time moves swiftly and without our notice, demo na namin. :p Allan Chu is right in front of our faces. I was a bit nervous because I will be the one demo-ing. And wala pa kaming bonus nun. Hahaha. Luckily, mabait si Sir kay Tim at binigyan pa kami ng 75/100. Hahaha. But the Mp grade that I need in order to pass is more than 100. We needed to do the demo. Lahat ng desperate attempts ng panghihingi ng tulong sa ibang groups ginawa na namin. Till 8pm naman yung chance na binagay ni sir para mahabol pa yung grades e. Fortunately for us, nagawa naming yung AJAX. Thanks to our friends. And thanks to lez kasi siya yung tlgang nag-ayos nun e. Finally, nagawa naming yung bonus. Nagging 105/100 na kami sa MP3. Thank God! And with that, I passed APPSDEV. Wohoooo. Salamat Salamat sa Diyos! Haha. Worth it ang lahat ng hirap.

After ung MP demo namin, pass 8pm na ata binalak pa namin nila lez at tim na mag-Absinth. Hahaha. But hanggang balak lang yun dahil mamamatay na kami sa gutom. We were supposed to eat at McDo ata but I declined since it’s my birthday and I have to go home naman! Haha. And what’s the sense of celebrating your birthday if you won’t even get to eat your handa? Di ba?! Kahit mamatay-matay na ako sa gutom at uhaw, nagdesisyon parin akong umuwi ng bahay. Pag-uwi ko sa bahay, pagod na pagod na pagod na pagod na pagod na pagod na pagod na gutom na gutom na guom na gutom na gutom na gutom na uhaw na uhaw na uhaw na uhaw na uhaw na uhaw na ako. I was not in the mood masyado pag dating ko sa bahay. Sakit ng ulo ko eh. Haha. But deep inside I’m thankful that I passed APPSDEV but half of me is still sad because of STRAMIS. Haha.

Despite a series of unfortunate events and mishaps that occurred on my birthday, I am still thankful for the 19 years of my existence. I am thankful for the life that I have right now even though there are many problems.

No comments: